Chapter 10 Oral Health Survey
The Oral Health Survey asked the following questions about oral health:
- Gum disease is a common problem with the mouth. People with gum disease might have swollen gums, receding gums, sore or infected gums or loose teeth. Do you think you might have gum disease?
- Overall, how would you rate the health of your teeth and gums?
- Have you ever had treatment for gum disease such as scaling and root planning, sometimes called deep cleaning?
- Have you ever had any teeth become loose on their own, without an injury?
- Have you ever been told by a dental professional that you lost bone around your teeth?
- During the past three months, have you noticed a tooth that doesn’t look right?
- Aside from brushing your teeth with a toothbrush, in the last seven days, how many days did you use dental floss or any other device to clean between your teeth?
- Aside from brushing your teeth with a toothbrush, in the last seven days, how many days did you use mouthwash or other dental rinse product that you use to treat dental disease or dental problems?
From the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), Oral Health Survey, Version 08/31/2009 https://wwwn.cdc.gov/Nchs/Nhanes/2009-2010/OHQ_F.htm.