The files (R code, data, Rmarkdown files, etc) for this course have been placed into various Github repositories. Each of these repositories can be “Cloned or Downloaded (as a ZIP)” to your local harddrive for easy offline reference OR they can be “forked” so that a copy of the repository is “copied” into YOUR Github account. If you “fork” a copy be sure you are logged into your Github account first. Here are the Github repositories to date:
- Gapminder Example (given on 01/18/2017) https://github.com/melindahiggins2000/N741gapminder1
- This repository contains the
Rmarkdown (RMD) and related files associated with “Lesson 2” done on 01/18/2017. These RMD files showed some initial
Rmarkdown syntax with
R chunks showcasing examples from the
gapminder package, based on the vignette at https://github.com/jennybc/gapminder.
- This repository also contains an RMD file with some examples worked similar to what is expected for Homework 01.
- Private Repository for N741 at https://github.com/EmoryN741/coursefiles. [This is a placeholder for now]
YouTube Videos for N741
Short helpful videos for N741:
- Installing R, RStudio, Creating and “knitting” your first simple
- Installing Git for Windows
- Worked Example and Hints for Homework 01
- Video tutorial for creating the Github output MD format at https://youtu.be/SY-Uo3hLC18
- This short (~5 min) video is on creating a “Github-flavored” markdown file. If you haven’t noticed yet, take a look back at your Github repository and look at one of your RMD files. You’ll notice that for the RMD file you can view the text and R code but no R output is shown. This is because the R code is not executed via Github (remember R is on your local machine not “in the cloud”). Instead, you need to create a “markdown” MD file that does have the R output included. To do this, there is a “github_document” output format you can use that will create a “github-flavored” MD (markdown) file that Github will display with both your R code and R output in the same document. See the RStudio documentation at http://rmarkdown.rstudio.com/github_document_format.html
- Video on Publishing Your Reports to RPubs https://youtu.be/nW2TJ134ea0
YouTube Playlist for N741
Copyright © Melinda Higgins, Ph.D.. All contents under (CC) BY-NC-SA license, unless otherwise noted.
Feedback, Comments (email me)?